Friday, August 19, 2011

Can't we just always have a happy ending?

Reading is a way to escape reality and experience an out of this world adventure. In my adventures I don't want something to ruin what had been going on for the last 100 pages. I don't want my story being ruined by some conflict. I know, I know, every story needs conflict, but don't you ever wish that it didn't? When the character finds her soul mate, why does he have to be dating someone? Can't they just be together and we can read about their happy lives? Or why does the main character running away from authorities always get caught before he escapes for good? Do authors think that hearing about him running away and making it away safe the first time just too boring? Sometimes I just want to read a happy story the whole time, is that so wrong?

-Mello


No comments:

Post a Comment