Friday, August 26, 2011

Currently

My Life in Dog Years, Gary Paulsen (non fiction)

This Week: 101

Sentences of the Week:

1. "I had forgotten Fred." My Life in Dog Years

2. "On those occasions when I missed- I think more often than not- he would watch the duck fly away, turn to me and give me a look of such uncompromising pity and scorn that I would feel compelled to apologize and make excuses." My Life in Dog Years

3. "It was about to strike when a flash of black fur passed my leg and Snowball grabbed the snake just in back of the head and with a quick flick broke its neck." My Life in Dog Years

"I had forgotten Fred." I love this sentence! Because the author forgot about Fred, the dog ran head first into the electric fence and continued to run into it until Fred almost died.

No comments:

Post a Comment