Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The DUFF

I just started reading The Designated Ugly Fat Friend (DUFF) by Kody Keplinger. I am extremely skeptical of stereotypical chick lit books but this was supposed to be pretty decent and not as "girlie." The character is rather cynical which makes the book fabulous. A chick book where the chick hates the drama found in normal chick lit books. f.a.n.t.a.s.t.i.c.  Of course this is a chick book so there is that obnoxious man whore. The only reason I haven't stopped reading it because of that is the fact that the main character recognizes that Wesley is one and hates his guts. Now that's what I'm talking about! I'm sick of high school girls falling in 'love' with the dumb jock. Oh please darling, get over yourself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not all against high school dating. My brother is getting married to his high school sweetheart but trust me, it's a rare case. It's possible, just improbable. If you're in love with your boyfriend, cool beans, good for you.


Sadly, I think that this book will turn for the worse when the main character realizes that she does in fact like Wesley and my hopes and dreams of a good chick book will be crushed. Maybe by the time this happens I will be okay with it and suddenly fall into the trap of dresses, make-up, and high heels. Ya know, or not, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment