Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Help

This week I started my new book, The Help. I saw the movie when it first came out and I've been meaning to read the book. So far almost everything in the book is like the movie. You know it must be a good book when the movie so closely follows it. I absolutely adore Miss Skeeter. She seems to be the only one who genuinely cares about the help and treats them like real people, at least of the adults.



I hate blogging about the books I read because I feel like it spoils it for people who want to read them or might put someone off to the book. Because of this, I have decided to just write little snippets of The Help and still give generalizations but not really write a whole lot about the plot.

The help in the book all live in the same area and they're all really close because they have to be. They need each other to get on through the day. Most employers don't really pay attention to their help unless it's to tell them to do something, because of this, the help can hear the gossip about other people's help. This news, they will then spread to their friends and warn them of what the person needs to improve on before they are fired.

I will write more later but now I have to go. My absolutely sweet cousin is taking me out to dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment