Friday, October 14, 2011

Quarterly

Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz
Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Pages This Week: 534

Pages This Semester: 1751

Sentences This Week:

1. "Forget him, Camelia," Kimmie says. "I mean, yes, he saved your life; it was very chivalrous of him. And, yes, he's totally buff, which further complicates things, but closure is way overrated, in my opinion, anyway." Deadly Little Secret

2. Last year he (Wes) left a Saran Wrapped rubber Teletubby in my duffel bag, along with a note that said, 'Save me. I'm suffocating.' Deadly Little Secret

I love that we get to pick the books that we read. This helps me push myself with some books and yet allows me to read a fun easy book when I need a break. I read a couple books that I have truly enjoyed while I pushed myself to finish ones that I don't care for, now that is a rare thing and something I am trying to work on. I can always tell when I really get into a book because I will read it all the time and everywhere and read over doing my homework. This past week I read two books and almost completely ignored most of my homework. I could not put them down, or I would put them down for about ten minutes while I ate or did a quick bit of homework. I came home from practice on Tuesday and read for about five hours straight and I read all the way to practice (hour and a half) and all the way back home again and then once I got home. Every time I had a break in a class, even if it was only five minutes, I would pull out my book and start reading it. I didn't pick up the third book to the series yesterday because I knew I needed to study, but then I spent the night making up what I thought the third book might be about. It's a sickness. I'm not quite sure why I am so engrossed in these books because this kind of thing is extremely rare for me.

It's like I'm caught up in a magically magnificent world where time is nonexistent and reality is nothing more than a dream.

My goals for next quarter are that I will find books like the ones I'm reading now that remind me why I love reading because I forget that a lot. It's hard for me to fall for a book and it's rare to find any that I can't put down. I need some more books that make me grow and some that make me fall back into love with reading. What I really want for this upcoming quarter is to find a balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment