Thursday, October 6, 2011

Yum, Ziano's

I just had a fabulous dinner at Ziano's with my cousin and now I'm back to blog more! We both love country music and on the way home we heard the most obnoxious country song ever produced. "Bait a Hook" by Justin Moore. This song always get stuck in my head, for some reason I love this song but his accent is so insanely strong that it makes me smile :) talk about a good ol' country boy.



Here's some more about The Help:

The older generation in the book that have help seem more attached to them and think of them as family whereas the young women who have just hired help are rude and snappy towards them which makes me mad! Only a few, like Skeeter, remember having a black 'mother' raise them and still feel the sentimental connection there. If I was the help I would mouth off to those people like nobody's business, just like the character Minny. So far I am really enjoying the book but it just makes me so mad to know what these people went through because of their race. Next time I will have to pick a happy book. First the Hurricane Katrina book, then the tsunami orphanage one, and now  The Help. Yeah, I need a happy book next. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment